*** Workshop to be held in Loxton, announcement below ***
Society of Precision Agriculture Australia (SPAA) Viticulture Workshop
When: 9.30am – 12.30pm, Friday October 25th
Where: Loxton Research Centre, Bookpurnong Rd Loxton
SPAA, in collaboration with Riverland Wine funded by the SA MDB NRM will host a Precision Viticulture workshop with the key focus – PA tools for efficiencies and savings. SPAA Executive Officer Nicole Dimos has said that ‘the workshop is a opportunity for farmers to learn about technologies that will help them make efficiency gains and savings. For a morning session we have a jam-packed line up.’
• Lance Dickeson, John Deere will give a product update covering crop care, yield documentation and ‘preparing the site’ (precision land forming etc).
• Don Thorp from TracMap will speak about ‘useful field data’ on operations such as spraying, harvest and weed control.
• Peter Magarey, will help you make decisions with precision using GrowCare disease alert system.
• SPAA is excited to have Dominic Skinner from Measurement Engineering Australia (MEA), a provider of soil moisture and climate data solutions that are available to the farmer via the web speak on a story about technology in Precision Ag.
• Colin Hinze, Rural Directions and Mark Bastian from Precision Agriculture are also among the line up. They will speak about grid soil sampling, EM Mapping, elevation mapping and vineyard design and their respective uses in the Riverland for managing spatial variability.
This workshop is FREE to attend and morning tea is provided.
RSVP now to Nicole via phone/SMS on 0437 422 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is supported by the South Australian Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resource Management Board through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program and the NRM Levies.